ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, we prefer if your working hours to overlap within the UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones.
Why this job is exciting
As a Senior Manager of Technical Customer Support, you will lead our exceptional high agency, all-remote customer support team to resolve technical issues and answer technical/product questions in a way that feels (reasonably) effortless for our customers. Our generous compensation philosophy, and your ability to hire from anywhere, will give you the unique opportunity to continue attracting the best talent in the world.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports, the broader Support team, and peers in adjacent teams.
- You will understand our organizational structure, team norms, and how we work together and with other teams.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of what our team processes and how our work contributes to our company goals.
- You’ll learn our product and you yourself will take on some tickets to establish empathy for our team and our customers and to get a working sense of our tools and processes.
Within three months:
- You will have a trusting relationship with your direct team, are able to support and coach them on all facets of their job, and are able to connect their work to their own career goals.
- Your peers in engineering, sales, and customer engineering are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow-through with your commitments and collaborate to solve problems.
- Evaluate our metrics and processes and propose recommendations for improvement, including but not limited to data collection, team enablement needs, and sales and customer processes.
Within six months:
- Nurture and grow your direct team, seeing results in their engagement, customer satisfaction, and team performance.
- Set achievable and relevant goals for your team and measure performance based on outcomes.
- Lead discrete projects that improve and mature our team.
- You’ll have a pulse on sales forecast and customer pipeline and health and can anticipate and prioritize needs effectively within the team.
You are an experienced people-driven leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our organization’s ambitious and technically challenging objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph while also supporting your direct team to do their best work, too. You don’t just push team members towards excellence—rather, you actively demonstrate that excellence yourself. You foster a team environment that is collaborative, inspires trust and supports diverse perspectives.
- You have served as a leader / people manager to a technical team of 5-8 people
- You’ve worked directly with containerized and cloud technologies, i.e Docker, Kubernetes, Podman, Nomad, GCP, AWS
- You’ve navigated customer-driven escalations in a way that empowers and supports your direct team, allowing them to learn through the experience and providing servant-leadership where appropriate.
- You have relevant experience that will let you quickly understand our product, deployment details, and troubleshooting strategies to be able to guide your direct team with specific issues customers bring to them for help.
- You have previous experience in managing a technical team and a good understanding of case management practices
- You have the relevant experience in observing gaps in existing processes and examples of taking steps to improve them.
- You have examples of direct report career development.
- You have relevant experience navigating a hyper-growth environment where things can change as often as daily.
- Previous experience with proactively identifying trends or patterns of recurring support requests and effectively collaborating with the appropriate departments in restoring stability to the product.
- You have examples of observing and identifying trends in data to ideate and create workflows that grow teams.
- You yourself have, and perhaps even still do, enjoy writing code.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
- The target compensation for this role is $168,486 USD base.
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
- Intro Conversation Stage – we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- Team Interview Stage – we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30 min] Values Interview
- [60 min] Interview with CEO/Co-Founder
- And that’s it! Please note – you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We make you an offer!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees