- Own and drive the marketing data analysis and strategy, helping build out key funnels, segmentation, and cohorts to inform marketing strategies and tactics.
- Proactively monitor key subscriber growth metrics, helping to forecast how key marketing campaigns and initiatives will impact our subscriptions on a rolling basis.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to develop marketing attribution methodology and a strategy for tagging and tracking campaigns.
- Turn raw marketing data into datasets that enable self-service.
- Be the go-to resource for all marketing data and reporting; you own the selection, set-up, maintenance, and strategic dashboard creation in our visualisation tools.
- Analyze and codify multiple sources of data to unearth insights to drive key business decisions, subscription growth, and prioritisation.
- Partner with the Growth and Performance marketing teams to increase efficiencies across acquisition channels via paid media and/or on-platform experiments.
- Independently and proactively perform analyses and interpret the results for key stakeholders.
- Share your knowledge with the larger marketing department and organization; hold deep dives, learning sessions, and workshops to help ensure we grow to be a more data-driven department.
Hard skills/Must haves
- 7+ years in marketing data modeling, analysis, visualisation, tracking requirements, and best practices.
- Expert-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert-level Google Analytics experience and other third-party tools for running/analyzing campaigns and key user behavior including Metabase, and Indicative, among others.
- The ability to (independently) perform SQL queries (strong requirement) and experience with statistical/data analysis tools (strong preference; preferably Python/R).
- An experiment mindset, confidence in the power of experimenting/ testing, and experience with running/analyzing multiple experiments.
- Experience with human-generated data (in contrast to data from machines/ systems), i.e. affinity/ understanding of how users use a (digital) product and the type of data this generates.
- An understanding of core statistical concepts and the ability to communicate and even teach these to non-experts.
- Naturally curious
- Constantly adapts to change
- Ability to get people excited about your ideas and can get a team to reach consensus
- Takes ownership (proactive)
- Presents ideas, opinions, and expectations clearly
- Effectively collaborates with team members
- Defines and measures project success
- Keeps everyone accountable
- Challenges the accepted norms