WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer to help research, develop, and deploy our deep learning models.
We have developed a breakthrough deep learning model that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will work on our core Text-to-Speech (TTS) service that enables creatives to make lifelike voiceovers for videos, audiobooks, and trainings.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be working with the CTO to mature our State-of-the-Art Deep Learning TTS service. This includes optimizing our training pipeline, automating our delivery pipelines, rewriting abstraction layers, and more…
More specifically, you’ll work on:
– Iteratively and incrementally improve the ease of use, reliability, and performance of our TTS service.
– Build tooling for automating custom voice creation.
– Develop data structures for loading, processing, and validating 1000s of hours of text and speech data.
– Set up a CI / CD pipeline.
– Improve the performance and the scalability of our machine learning training pipeline by integrating tools like DeepSpeed, PyTorch AMP, PyTorch JIT, and PyTorch Profiler.
– Monitor our TTS deployment. You’ll manage standard metrics like latency, performance, and cost. You’ll also keep track of TTS metrics like loudness, cadence, and naturalness.
– Improve the scalability of our TTS deployment.
– Be mindful and conscientious of AI ethics and the social impact of the work you do at WellSaid Labs.
– Open-source reusable libraries and tooling.
– Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
Your perks and benefits:
- $170,000 to $190,000 salary range
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules (Our 12 person team has 10 parents who support 4 babies and 6 doggos!)
- Remote-first company culture (We have employees in New York, Missouri, Texas, Florida, and Washington State!)
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
What you’ll have:
- Understanding of the key elements to a good developer experience.
- Experience in iteratively and incrementally developing a mature data-driven web service.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience automating delivery pipelines and integrating continuous monitoring.
- Attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code.
- Experience building reusable tools to increase workflow efficiencies.
- A background using data structures and algorithms to processes large amounts of data.
- Experience with cross-team collaboration.
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- (Bonus) Experience with our tech stack which includes: PyTorch, C++, Python, CUDA, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine.
- (Bonus) Experience with web technologies like HTML, CSS, React, Node.
- (Bonus) Experience profiling and optimizing deep neural network performance.
What to expect from us:
Please apply and if the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, Michael will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you’ll be invited to a technical Karat interview. We use Karat to evaluate software engineering fundamentals and to make the hiring process equitable. Lastly, we’ll ask you to do a final round of interviews with the team.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Email email@example.com to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team!
Who we are:
Our startup spun out from Paul Allen’s Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018, where we developed a state-of-the-art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice.
We firmly believe in AI for good. Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
We have secured tens of millions of dollars in funding from top-tier VCs, and are looking to expand our team.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch (1, 2, 3), GeekWire (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), CNN, MIT Technology Review, Venture Beat and we are one of three Seattle companies to make CB Insights’ list of the top 100 world’s most promising AI startups.
What we value:
AI for good. Technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people. Through consent and transparency in data usage, we build secure systems that protect user privacy. We strive to hold ourselves accountable for the algorithms we deploy, and we uphold the principles of the Hippocratic Oath.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.