Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Please Note: Eastern Standard time candidates only.
About the role and your impact
The Leader Experience pod at Community focuses on building product experiences that drive customer retention, success, and growth. We work together “vertically” across the layers of our stack, and we are collectively responsible for taking ideas and features from concept to production-ready code. As a Senior Mobile QA Engineer on the Leader Experience pod, you can expect to work closely with all disciplines – backend, design, product, and others – in order to build and test features that engage our community leaders and enable them to reach their audiences more effectively. We move quickly and release often – you’ll be a crucial part of a fast-growing team, and will help shape the future of our mobile product.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans across North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day would be spent writing production quality test code, pairing with and mentoring other engineers to build and maintain a first-class testing experience that will allow us to make changes to our mobile code base with confidence, while maintaining an outstanding user experience. Last, but not least – we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals; we take learning seriously and invest heavily in developing our skills and our teams’ capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver high-quality, tested production code in Swift.
- Collaborate with other members of our growing iOS team.
- Coordinate with and provide feedback to other disciplines (backend, design, product) and help define acceptance and regression test criteria.
- Participate in code reviews and weekly iOS team remote meetups.
- Take the lead on improving our existing automated UI test suite and manual test processes and support other iOS engineers in the testing and development of new feature, help develop strong QA practices within the mobile guild and work closely with the team to lead and develop our release QA process.
- Develop repeatable manual testing plans for areas of our app that cannot be easily tested in an automated way.
- Continue to develop and improve our functional UI testing framework – built on top of Apple’s XCTest UIAutomation framework – and refactor our existing UI tests to make use of it.
- Work with and mentor members of our support team to develop rigorous practices and methods for identifying and reproducing bugs, crafting effective bug reports and performing regression tests.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with your peers across the globe.
What You’ll bring:
- A strong history of working with Swift and iOS codebases in cross-functional team settings.
- An intuitive sense for great mobile UI/UX and the ability to think as a user and identify potential UX issues, bugs and catch regressions through a combination of manual and automated testing.
- Expert-level knowledge of Apple frameworks and the Swift programming language, in particular XCTest and Apple’s UI test automation framework.
- A strong understanding of the principles of Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and test automation.
- Any knowledge or experience with functional programming and unidirectional data-flow architectures and frameworks such as The Composable Architecture (TCA), ReSwift, Redux or The Elm Architecture would be desirable, but not essential.
- High emotional intelligence with excellent written and oral communication skills, who is passionate about software engineering, but humble in their approach and self aware of their emotions.
- Passion for exploring the latest technologies in the Apple ecosystem (SwiftUI, Combine, etc).
- Demonstrated mastery of breaking down complex technical problems into actionable next steps
- Willingness to learn, grow, and collaborate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Our backend is largely asynchronous, written in Elixir, running in Docker containers, on a distributed, scheduled platform on AWS. We work w/ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, and RabbitMQ among others.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.