The Senior .NET Developer is a member of a cross-functional web development team responsible for building enterprise level web applications using technologies including .NET and Sitecore. This Senior Developer is a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, managers, and clients. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills utilizing clean and solid programming techniques, web security practices, and design patterns. A Senior Developer at Velir really understands how projects run well and has the skills to ensure that happens from strong solutioning to excellent communication skills on display with clients and project teams.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Lead a team of cross-functional developers through the full project lifecycle; defining requirements and architectural design, implementation, release planning, and deployment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate designs, and implement specifications
- Build content driven enterprise level web applications, implementing user interfaces and back-end functionality for both the client and authoring experiences
- Integrate with third-party systems by building web services, providers, and designing APIs
- Write clean, well-organized code, following industry standard coding practices (SOLID) and security guidelines (OWASP)
- Architect solutions to meet the business requirements of our clients
- Create documentation around processes including deployments, solution audits, data and content migrations, and systems integrations
- Identify risks early and mitigate or escalate that as appropriate
- Work in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations
- Communicate complex technical solutions to the client as needed
- Write unit tests and apply other quality measures around performance, security, and scalability
- Mentor and coach junior developers through code reviews and assessing ongoing work
- Assist the business development team with technical assessments and estimates
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders
- Ability to maintain and foster a high level communication and collaboration, aptitude for building consensus and compromise with your approach, and enthusiasm for introducing new concepts and processes
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards resolutions
- Ability to adhere to project budgets and estimates
- Ability to learn and master new technologies; technologies used at Velir include:
- Visual Studio, Sitecore, MongoDB, SQL Server, GIT, MVC, Apache Solr, nUnit/nSubstitute, Azure/AWS
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of developing complex web applications
- Experience building dynamic websites using .NET and MVC
- Foundation in software engineering principles including object oriented programming, design patterns, and SOLID
- Experience consulting for clients and stakeholders
- Experience leading and mentoring other developers
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Domestic travel for client meetings as needed
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations, competitive pay, and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.