As our Senior People Business Partner at Guru, you will work side by side with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure our people and business objectives are aligned. You will be instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives within your partnered teams and across the organization, with considerable focus on scaling for growth and culture retention! This role requires a strong eye for business and the ability to establish trust and build relationships with Individual Contributors and Senior Executives. This leader will champion our values and ensure successful integration of all employees at Guru. This is an extension of the People Team working directly with PDE people managers to ensure People initiatives are reviewed, aligned, and executed with experience at the forefront.
Are you interested in making a significant impact in some of the most crucial and visible groups in the company and excelling in a fast-paced, high engagement environment with extraordinary desire to innovate?
- Form effective relationships with your people leaders, People Operations, Workplace Experience, Internal Communications, and other cross-functional partners to run all key people processes (organizational design, performance management, feedback, compensation, training & development programs, career pathways, etc)
- Be a strategic and trusted advisor to the business that you support – a key part of the business leadership team
- Define and evolve our HR process, including integration of compensation and benefit programs, HR systems, total rewards, etc.
- Build compliance into all we do, including maintaining in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, and reducing legal risks, in such areas as leaves of absence and immigration
- Assist onboarding and assimilate teams into their first year at Guru to ensure effective engagement & retention
- Identify, investigate, escalate, and resolve risks and employee relations issues in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Empowering the leaders you support to be better People Managers every day through guidance and coaching
- Ensure a happy workforce, free to focus on what they do best, through providing any needed People & Culture support to your group, such as swift and effective resolutions to questions and issues
- Champion and embed diversity practices into all that we do including collaborating closely with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee representing your partners’ needs
- Lend a hand in all other People ad hoc projects
- Minimum 7+ years of People/HR experience
- Successful 4 years experience as a People Business Partner
- Experience aligning with Product and Engineering teams
- Strong project management and change management experience
- A deep knowledge of HR practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Ability to quickly learn new subjects and absorb information and methodologies in a rapidly-changing environment
- Solutions-driven – believe every challenge has a solution, understand and are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met, take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up
- Integrity – demonstrate discretion and sound judgement with handling confidential information and sensitive issues
- Agile – multi-tasker, independently prioritize and ensure all needs are met and maintain a calm demeanor even when there’s a lot to do
- Talented – strategist at the core and have superior verbal and written communication skills, always representing Guru well
- Empathetic and engaging – connect well with all audiences and understand their needs
- Some travel required between Philadelphia and San Francisco in support of your aligned people leaders
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.