Nav was founded to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of small business owners by bringing efficiency and transparency to financial decision making. We are changing the way these business owners secure lending with our innovative technology and customer-centric approach. We build intelligent software on top of data to solve issues in the small business financial ecosystem. Our ability to collect, aggregate, enrich and distribute this data makes us unique and presents many avenues for business growth.
We are passionate about empowering our teams and giving them the freedom to shape our future. Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us… Be a part of history and co-create the future of FinTech.
WHAT YOU’LL HELP US DRIVE
- Designing, developing, and maintaining scalable, reusable code and operations infrastructure.
- Maintaining and cultivating the infrastructure and tool set for multiple development and production environments.
- Defining, creating and contributing to a range of tools used by Nav employees.
- Active participation on a diverse set of topics relating to business and or the engineering team.
- Participating in Nav’s agile process within Jira.
- Being an effective communicator, having a positive attitude,
- Identification of solutions, communication and alignment with engineering and stakeholders.
- Performing as a coach and mentor to your team, and the organization as a whole.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 2+ years of industry experience in Operations, DevOps, or SysAdmin Engineering.
- Must be comfortable or expert with Linux
- Proficiency in managing and optimizing databases, preferably Postgres.
- Experience with configuration management, preferably Ansible
- Fluency with Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS (EC2, RDS, SAM, S3, VPC, EKS)
- Experience with SCM solutions, preferably git (specifically gitlab)
- Understanding and ability to create continuous integration and continuous deployment workflows for software projects
- Strong understanding of software security, and an ability to continually increase the security of our platform
- Experience in working in Agile teams and iterating to build sustainable and iterative solutions.
- If you participate in any open source projects please send us links.
- Experience with containerization would be a plus, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are self directed and passionate driving solutions
- You are a relentless problem solver
- You are eager to learn and adapt quickly to change
- You’re an engaged team member with the ability to grow, mentor and challenge your peers to do their best work every day.
- You’re known for crossing the boundaries of your function to meet company goals.
- You care about the people you work with but challenge them directly when necessary.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
- You are customer (including internal customers) focused.
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in a startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.