Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome you to be a key addition to our Biz Ops & Analytics organization. As part of a results-oriented, highly collaborative team that partners with every function in the business, you will be a critical part of the team. This role will own the “data model” / “semantic model” of Guru’s single source of truth within PowerBI, from which all management reporting across every function will be based off. Similar to how Guru helps teams create and surface knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time — you will do the same from an analytics perspective within Guru.
If you are a PowerBI pro, have led PowerBI implementations and iterations, and have seen how not to scale analytics teams, this opportunity provides you the chance to build a data model for a hypergrowth future-of-work startup from the ground up.
Guru is a special place to work. At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and identify opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance for all teammates, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize life and work are increasingly intertwined more than ever.
- Build and iterate the semantic data model via PowerBI for Guru
- Lead the creation of a taxonomy/definitions for the “single source of truth”
- Build and iterate on the centralized measures used across that single source of truth
- Support Biz Ops & Analytics analysts that are partnered with each of the functions as they extend the data model for their specific use cases — eventually bringing back the valuable insights into the central Guru “data model”
- Build and own company-level management reporting for CFO & CEO
- Train & evangelize the benefits of PowerBI to ensure every person in the company can truly live the self-service BI dream
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to ensure data model’s responsiveness and speed is fully optimized for minimal calculation time
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in PowerBI development, preferably having done several deployments using at least PowerQuery and PowerPivot
- Strong working knowledge of database management/data engineering (data engineering is a separate team, but this role will be the “bridge” between data engineering and front-line analysts)
- Strong experience with BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (good enough to train others)
- Working knowledge of CRM, ERP, and Product analytics
- Outcome oriented – you focus on key business outcomes, and proactively align business intelligence requests and projects to optimize our performance and results
- Proactively solicit and welcome constructive feedback, and iterate quickly
- Organized and efficient — you take on complex projects and own them from start to finish, and create efficient processes for collaborating with teams on data requests
- The ability to effectively communicate and articulate with both technical and non-technical partners
- Are a great cross-functional teammate
- Have grace under pressure and can hit deadlines
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Monthly company social events
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in Philadelphia, San Francisco, or Fully Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.