Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and open source community. One of the most important and visible portions of the Elastic Stack is our user interface, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have experience and passion for building new experiences that will help users visualize their data.
If you are passionate about solving real-world problems, data visualizations, and building simple solutions for sophisticated problems we would love to talk to you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work together with the Kibana product management team, engineering, customers, and other internal partners to help users visualize and analyze data using Kibana Lens; our flagship data visualization tool.
- You will lead our product direction related to data visualizations, Elastic charts, visualization engine, and rendering.
- You will gather market and trend data, customer and open source community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap at scale.
In addition, you will:
- Build out net new features to help our users visualize their data using Kibana Lens
- Craft design concepts and wireframes that will use Elasticsearch speed, scale, and relevance to provide ways to query data using visual interaction
- Partner closely with our engineering and design teams to introduce new features.
- Provide market insight into a variety of products and markets for both sales enablement and engineering awareness
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure Kibana Lens is supported, promoted, and utilized by the community
What You Bring Along:
- Prior experience and expertise in data visualization and familiarity with data visualizations tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- You are able to help connect engineering teams to customers and can articulate the “why” both internally and externally.
- Ability to distill sophisticated concepts into a clear wireframe with an emphasis on user experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization
- Product Management experience, preferably in data products and data visualizations
- You have a broad knowledge of modern applications, querying and retrieving services, design concepts, as well as big data analysis trends and techniques.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex product requirements and prioritize feature enhancement requests
- The ability to sift through substantial amounts of data and make bias-free data-backed decisions
- You are able to think end-to-end on all aspects of a use case and clearly define the customer benefit to ensure both tight coordination across all users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re a capable and empathetic leader with strong communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- You are curious about how and why our community and customers utilize and extend the capabilities of the Elastic Stack, specifically Kibana
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.