SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER – U.S. REMOTE
At Opendorse, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth as we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform. We want to do it alongside a group of high performing “no excuses just results” people.
Opendorse is seeking a Senior Product Designer who can leverage their existing expertise and experience to help us design and scale our product lines in the endorsement management and emerging Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) era. In this role you will be a leader. You will oversee design cohesion across products and in some cases you may be the lead designer, contributing directly to our product lines.
The ideal candidate is a confident leader within the Product team. You thrive in ambiguity. You can turn Opendorse’s vision into reality by leading productive design discussions with numerous stakeholders and/or across departments. You understand and appreciate the importance of a well-organized Design System. You’re passionate about building sports technology that’s never existed before. You care about the impact of the products you design, not just the outcome.
You will report to (and work closely with) VP of Product and develop a strong working relationship with designers, product managers and engineers.
Who you are: a Senior Product Designer with an entrepreneurial/founder mindset, someone who is excited to work in a hyper-growth startup environment. You naturally elevate people, take on ad-hoc projects as they arise, and jump at the opportunity to help those around you whenever they need you.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- A leader who is accountable for design quality and cohesion across all product teams who actively engages other designers to help them grow; leader in building the voice of Design at Opendorse and within the design community.
- Expert of competitive offerings in the market and understands opportunities to differentiate with design
- Maintain user personas across product lines and communicate cross-functionally
- Track the effectiveness and adoption of the Design System components within products and with individual designers.
- Maintain and evolve the Opendorse product design system, principles, interaction design, and written communication standards.
- Excels at leading productive discussions that yield creative solutions.
- Takes responsibility for improving established processes, educating their teams on the way.
- Innovative with your problem-solving by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and, where appropriate, create new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Opendorse’s products
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company’s and user’s perspective, fostering a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger tech organization
- Detail-oriented and strive for consistent consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends), and product overlaps in your own and others’ work
- Report on usability metrics across all products to the Leadership team – showcasing progress toward company goals
- Lead user research across Opendorse’s product lines – Facilitate design workshops, gather insights and feedback
What we are looking for
- 5+ years in product design
- Led a team of designers
- Experience leading evolution of a design system across 3+ product teams
- Experience with B2B SaaS products
- Expert with Sketch (or Figma)
- You’ve built strong and compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction, and visual designs.
- You’re a data storyteller with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a high level of comfort with ambiguity and moving quickly
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback.
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.