VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creating videos easy and accessible to all.
Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!).
We’re at a super interesting stage right now: 18 months ago we had no staff and no money, and now things are going pretty well. We’re at 4.5M ARR, 40+ people, and we’re one of the most popular video editors in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we would love you to be part of that journey.
What role do we have open?
We have very exciting design roles open at the moment. We only have built about 1% of what we want VEED to be, so there’s a lot that we need to design. You’ll be working on building out our main product.
Do you want to help build the video editor of the future? This is your chance.
Video is the most immersive medium out there, and we believe that it will be the main way to tell stories in the future. Not only for Hollywood blockbusters but for everyone. Current video editors are still designed like you’re dealing with physical film -literally cutting and pasting- and made for people that are video editors for a living. VEED is for anyone that just wants to get the job done!
If you’re excited about building tools that help people tell their story, if you don’t mind working a little scrappy, if you like to design based on vision, talking to users and data → we would love to talk to you!
On top of that, we’re only just getting started. It is a really good time to join us. We currently only have a few designers, so you can grow along with our company and make a massive impact. Imagine if you were one of the first designers at Figma? this is like that.
The most important thing is that you are passionate about what we’re building! If you got very excited about the opportunity but don’t fit all of the bullet points here, please reach out:
- You’re a generalist designer. We’re pretty early stage which means we’re looking for people that enjoy the entire design process. You have to be very comfortable in ambiguous environments and design many different things.
- You’re a team player. We work in multi-disciplinary teams. You will work with a group of super talented PMs, designers , engineers, researchers. Together you have to solve really complex problems, so you need to communicate well and be able to have good discussions with domain experts.
- You’re a learner. No week is the same here at VEED, and we’re all constantly learning as we go. You have to be infinitely curious and excited about figuring out stuff with us. As we’re building the product, we’ll probably get some things wrong here and there. That’s all good, as long as we learn from them.
- You have a proven track record. We’re a young company and at this stage, we need people that have been through this before. You’ve worked on successful products, and making them even better.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on something that is in some way similar: like a photo editor or a product that facilitates collaboration.
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
OH one more thing! We would really encourage applications from ALL candidates. Our team is diverse in every way possible and we want to keep it that way 🙂