SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER – U.S. REMOTE
At Opendorse, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth as we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform. We want to do it alongside a group of high performing “no excuses just results” people.
Opendorse is seeking a Senior Product Designer who can leverage their existing expertise and experience to help us design and scale our product lines in the endorsement management and emerging Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) era. In this role you will influence design strategy for the Opendorse Monitor product.
The ideal candidate is a confident leader within the Product team. You thrive in ambiguity. You can turn Opendorse’s vision into reality by leading productive design discussions with numerous stakeholders and/or across departments. You understand and appreciate the importance of a well-organized Design System. You’re passionate about building sports technology that’s never existed before. You care about the impact of the products you design, not just the outcome.
You will report to (and work closely with) VP of Product and develop a strong working relationship with designers, product managers and engineers.
Who you are: a Senior Product Designer with an entrepreneurial/founder mindset, someone who is excited to work in a hyper-growth environment. You have a targeted ability to make and influence design decisions, naturally elevate people, take on ad-hoc projects without coaching as they arise, and jump at the opportunity to help those around you whenever they need you.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Uses a highly-effective personal design system; helps others refine their own
- Writes context, problem statements, job stories, design goals, and success metrics
- Explores and refines quickly without losing effort
- Works with engineers to spike solutions
- Creates simple, elegant solutions to complex interaction problems
- Raises the design bar/modern UI
- Drives how our Product team works; owns and fixes complex technical design issues
- Knows/uses/expands our design system to improve it (vs. deviating from it)
- Thinks broadly to improve our products and systems; builds big-picture vision, avoids quick-fix solutions
- Routinely multiple sprints-ahead of development in design work and researching next quarter initiatives
- Highly effective, can support a fully functioning engineering team of ~7 engineers
- Consistently closes the loop on tracking design success metrics for features
- Highly effective at communicating design ideas
- Facilitates proficient design sprints; user testing; interviews that deliver smart solutions
- Tracks and reports usability metrics for product area; draws insights and influences product/design strategy
- Lead user research and maintain user personas for product area; communicate cross functionally
- Fosters a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger tech organization
- Detail-oriented and strive for consistent consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends), and product overlaps in your own and others’ work
- Maintain and evolve the Opendorse product design system, principles, interaction design, and written communication standards.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years in product design
- Experience executing strategy and influencing project decisions
- Experience with B2B SaaS products
- Expert with Sketch (or Figma)
- You’ve built strong and compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction, and visual designs.
- You’re a data storyteller with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a high level of comfort with ambiguity and moving quickly
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback.
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.