TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people
Become part of the design team and work on the core experience, our booking flow. This is a new, high-visibility team, focused on streamlining the experience of booking tasks on TaskRabbit.
This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Design Manager for Marketplace and works closely with product designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and stakeholders. We’re looking for someone that can solve complex problems and craft them into intuitive and feasible experiences, that drive business goals, and support user needs.
Learn more about our design team at taskrabbit.design
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
- Use your strong written and verbal communication skills to move projects forward
- Demonstrate grit and accountability
- Understand and advocate for everyday users on our Marketplace
- Use storytelling to influence and persuade your audience
- Mentor your peers to become better designers
- Set the bar for design craft, best practices in Figma, interaction design, and handoff
- Plan, conduct, and synthesize user research
- Communicate and collaborate to establish timelines for projects, get regular feedback on designs, and move projects forward to completion
- Contribute quality patterns and documentation to our Design System, Meadow
- Uphold our design team values
- Share early, share often
- 5+ years experience in a consumer-facing design role
- Experience in a fast-paced environment in a small to medium company
- Expert-level use of Figma and system components
- Designed products that have shipped
- Experience designing for native and web
- Worked on teams with other designers and engineers
- Experience conducting their own research
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio