Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join the team to help us create magical experiences for our Marco Polo community. A great candidate for this role considers themself a full-stack designer who is equally comfortable with prototyping, interaction, and visual design. The person in this role will ideally have experience designing for consumers, have excellent command over the media of design (e.g. Figma) and care more about outcomes than pixels.
In this position, you will:
- Design magical mobile experiences: You’ll take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into meaningful experiences. You will identify the needs of the Marco Polo community through performing user research and use these insights to create new product features or improvements.
- Contribute to the product strategy: You understand the impact that a well-crafted design can have on a product, and are also flexible to adapt your vision based on feedback received or engineering constraints. You’ll also use your experience to provide feedback and guidance on design iterations across all Marco Polo products.
- Design to make a difference: You care deeply about technology’s ability to make people feel close and want to shape that experience for consumers. You’ll do this by partnering cross-functionally to work with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features from concept to launch.
Ideally, you have:
- 5+ years design experience at a product company.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.) with current tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe apps, etc.).
- An excellent sense of typography, layout, color, and general design principles
- An ability to communicate your design decisions, and work cross-functionally with different teams and roles (including developers, project managers, marketing and other designers).
- A compelling portfolio showcasing your work and attention to detail, which ideally includes shipped mobile product designs.
- An ability to adapt your designs across different platforms and form factors.
You’ll love working here because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We have been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too!
- We move quickly so you’re constantly learning and things never get stale.
- We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels safe to take risks and think outside of the box.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental), finances, and your family (paid family leave).
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Marco Polo. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, go ahead and apply! Each application is reviewed by a real, live human who understands that each candidate’s unique lived experience is more valuable than buzzwords on a resume.
A bit about us:
Marco Polo is private video chat for your real relationships – not the entire world. Our video chat app allows you to send a video message at your convenience, and your friend or family member can send back whenever they can. With millions of people already benefiting from this new way of using technology to nurture their relationships, we’re proving that we can reject harmful but profitable business practices and build products that are good for you.
In June 2020, we launched Marco Polo Plus, a subscription plan that offers a premium experience. We aim to be a sustainable business while remaining free in a way that upholds our brand promise to be good for you. Plus delivers on our promise to monetize without ads or selling user data.
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 16 states (so far), coast-to-coast throughout North America.
The distance doesn’t slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops—connecting with daily Zoom calls, and retreats. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course Marco Polo, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.