Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn’s system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Product Designer, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. A Senior Product Designer’s job is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life with a deep knowledge of working within a diverse team (design, engineering, and product management)—taking responsibility for the entire design process from initial research, ideation, conceptualization, and design, to testing and validation.
- 5+ years of related experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- An understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration by always experimenting, evaluating and learning.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Contribution in order to keep work from the team consistent with the whole customer experience and designed with the customers’ high-level goals and needs.
- Collaboration with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Support and help to maintain our Design System, together with other product designers.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Identify what is needed for each design phase.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to generate ideas and viable solutions.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to implement new features and iterations and ensure quality standards are met.
- Have a keen ability to create work under minimal supervision and package and present solutions to the broader creative team. Quickly and superbly.
- Create Figma flows that range from low-fidelity wireframes to full-fidelity, pixel-ready designs that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, pixel-perfect in every way while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working.
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges, and wishes of customers today and in the future.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language.
- You’ll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a team manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with CPO
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
“In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is 138,000 – 215,000. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.”
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!