Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Student Experience Q&A team. In this role, you will lead the end-to-end experience design, and act as a strategic partner to product managers and engineers from concept through delivery and beyond. In addition, you will exhibit strong leadership, contribute towards product strategy, and acutely evaluate our impact on our customer experience & business metrics.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Contribute to our Student Document Experience team’s vision and strategy and lead highly visible and impactful projects.
- Act as a strategic partner to Product Managers to break down complex, ambiguous problems into simple and elegant solutions, and partner closely with engineers to build and deliver high-quality digital products.
- Partner with our User Research team to understand students’ study behavior, and demonstrate qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs.
- Design end-to-end user experiences through collaborative brainstorming, user journeys, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished visual design comps using Figma or other tools
- Create interactions across various media including web, mobile, and email and develop working prototypes to demonstrate your ideas & concepts
- Present work and communicate design decisions to stakeholders with confidence and clarity to gather feedback, iterate on and refine design solutions
- Help grow our team by serving as a mentor and helping the team deliver designs of the highest quality.
Are you our next Senior Product Designer?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI or related or equivalent practical experience within the design field
- 5+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role in designing omni-channel user experiences across web and mobile
- Systems problem solver and a creative problem-solver and have strong experience helping companies adopt user-centered design processes
- Proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products for the web (including mobile web) and native mobile applications
- Like working in a fast paced agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more
- Strong experience with sketching and prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Strong portfolio, showcasing your foundation in information architecture, ideation, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Passion for designing the future of education
- Designing products powered by user-generated content
- Experience with SEO, marketplace and user generated content products
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared.
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall – Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page