Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Please Note: Los Angeles or Pacific time zone candidates only.
About the role and your impact
As Senior Product Designer at Community, you will be responsible for taking products, features and experiences from start to finish. You will join a passionate and diverse team who continually gathers insights from data, research, and experiments to build world-class products. Our end game? Help our customers reach their goals by creating meaningful interactions over messaging. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills as the sole designer on our Leader Engagement pod – keeping a pulse on how the world’s most impactful products use design to change the world.
You will be a key member of the Product Design team and report directly to Community’s Head of Design. You’ll form lasting partnerships with our talented, opinionated and fun loving crew of designers. Researchers, writers, product managers, and engineers will be part of your everyday team, giving you the chance to learn from their diverse expertise.
What you’ll do
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and design detailed workflows and interactions.
- Prototype ideas to quickly gather feedback, evaluate viability, and work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship them.
- Craft the high fidelity details of components, interactions, and transitions.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers to raise the bar on design quality (never satisfied with status quo), maintain design consistency and coherence across features and continuously improve our design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Participate in structured design critiques and openly share work and ideas.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years experience in end-to-end Product design
- Experience embedded in a team with close collaboration across other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
- A user-centric design approach and insights-based design process.
- A specialized focus on the complete product development process: research + problem solving, detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Quality + attention to detail in everything required to design polished and high-fidelity work in Figma
- Demonstrated mastery of interaction and experience design.
- Cross-platform design experience including Web, Android, and iOS.
- Systems thinking ability; identify problems and provide solutions at all levels.
- Confidence and comfort in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- An ability to collaborate with and anticipate the needs of the team at-large, bringing an empathetic and humble approach.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.