Some of the world’s best organizations use Guru to communicate, collaborate and connect around easily accessible and trusted company information. As the Lead Product Designer of Guru’s authoring experience, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end UX around how companies create, share, and collaborate on that information across enterprise-sized organizations. These workflows are crucial to overall customer success as well as Guru’s expansion goals.
- Design for and evolve the end-to-end authoring experience across Guru’s product. Content lives at the core of the Guru experience, and in this role you will be responsible for features such as our robust content editor, templates, and collaboration workflows around editing, drafting, commenting, scheduling and approving.
- Execute on all aspects of Product Design, from customer research and ideation to interaction and visual design.
- Work with our amazing cross-functional team of Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Product Marketers and Customer Success to innovate and improve upon the way that Guru builds and designs products and experiences for our customers.
- Approach UX challenges with an open and inquisitive mind, guided by customer feedback, user research, internal insights and product usage data.
- Support your design decisions and empower teammates with your deep knowledge of UX best practices.
- Remain very closely connected with customers, prospects and the workflows within their teams.
- Remain very closely connected to Guru’s competitive landscape, as well as familiar patterns and behaviors of best-in-class software that can inspire our own.
- Move quickly and ship experiments regularly. Always learning. Always growing.
- The Lead Designer is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to a Design Director.
You’ll Know You’re a Good Fit if you:
- Embody Guru’s Core Values.
- Have prior experience and success building similar content creation experiences. (though not a hard set requirement)
- Have prior experience and success shipping best-in-class product features collaboratively alongside a cross-functional product team.
- Have the ability to objectively and clearly demonstrate how your work ties into the larger goals and objectives of the business. You can weave insights into compelling presentations for executives and stakeholders.
- Find genuine joy in solving complex problems.
- Are inspired by adaptation and expansion. Guru is growing rapidly, and therefore yesterday’s processes won’t necessarily work tomorrow. You are comfortable taking responsibility throughout this exciting period and using design thinking to help you and your team adapt along every step of the way.
- Have a natural, insatiable curiosity for the Design industry. You seek thought leadership through articles, speaking events, podcasts and beyond. You study products and apps to see how other Design teams solve similar problems. You freely share these insights with others and empower those around you.
- 6-8+ years of professional product design experience in an applicable role – Product Designer, UX Designer, etc
- A resume & cover letter
- A portfolio of work & success, demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs and the outcomes they’ve produced
- Mastery of Sketch, Figma, InVision or similar programs in the modern Product Design stack
- Ability to across multiple projects at once, while setting and meeting deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency
- A basic understanding of front-end development and tech (HTML, CSS, responsive layouts, etc) in order to understand how these technologies can impact and be leveraged by design.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture!
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.