We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 140, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 9 million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively impact hundreds of thousands of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. You will collaborate across the entire organization and apply user feedback, analysis, technical and regulatory knowledge into product value that aligns with our business goals. You will make substantial contributions to HealthSherpa’s growth trajectory by leading the strategy, roadmap, and execution for the products we ship for our users. You will initially report to the CPO.
- Mobilize the team to satisfy clear milestones and goals
- Share your product vision, requirements, and features internally and externally
- Work with cross-functional team members to help design and implement a roadmap
- Define & communicate business requirements
- Contribute to our knowledge base including product documentation
- Guide technical product demos and presentations
- Bring expertise and insights about users by a variety of user research methods
- Participate in competitive analysis and heuristic studies
- Worked within a marketplace company in a product management or similarly product-focused role, and you understand the complexities and interdependencies of supply and demand.
- Worked cross-functionally with many team members, who not only manages competing priorities across teams with grace, but also welcomes the challenge of finding cosigners across multiple partners.
- Experience with project management and an uncanny ability to break down complex problems into small, consumable parts that inspire your teams to succeed.
- Analyzed and drawn conclusions about the product opportunity from both raw and refined product data.
- Shipped creative and impactful technology products according to a roadmap that you scoped and executed against.
- Achieved great outcomes with limited resources without compromising your capacity.
- Experience with rigorous experiments that improve the product.
- Experience bringing new revenue-generating products and capabilities to market
- Experience building and launching technical products including heavy integrations
Nice to have
- Understanding of and empathy for ACA customers
- ACA marketplace experience/knowledge
- Wireframing experience
- B2B saas experience
- Experience with SQL
- Engineering experience
What we offer
- Remote-first company
- A salary range between $165,000 – $200,000, depending on experience
- Great compensation package and meaningful equity in a high-growth, profitable company
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to wellness days + holidays
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another, and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.