Our team’s focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established FinTech paradigms and bringing creative solutions to life in the tax compliance space. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead a massive investment in expanding TaxJar’s core capabilities. You will be empowered to shape our product strategy and roadmap and will play a pivotal role in establishing TaxJar as the tax compliance leader in the mid-market. Leading cross-functional teams to simplify complex problems for online merchants, you’ll be right in the middle of making eCommerce easier for everyone.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
As a Senior Product Manager for TaxJar you will:
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Develop a deep empathy for the needs and desires of ecommerce merchants, developers, and CPA’s that have sales tax liabilities.
- Analyze data to help make better product decisions and always be fine tuning our product strategy and roadmap
- Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
- Manage, maintain and communicate the product roadmap to the company
- Organize and adhere to release plans and work cross functionally to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals
- Advocate for internal and external customers in new initiatives, features, etc.
- Bring new perspectives on how we can improve our product to better serve our customers, while ensuring we stay true to our focus, core values and mission
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed environment with multiple teams
- 5+ years of experience in agile product management
- Experience in SaaS and eCommerce is preferable
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with researchers, developers, customer success, sales, marketing, and partners
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and an evangelizer of action within the organization; TaxJar’s remote culture empowers self-starters, but fosters growth with coaching and support
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and writing skills
- Excel at communicating with a team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc.)
- Sales tax knowledge is not required, but you must have a proven ability to quickly learn a complex domain
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.