At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Our Senior Product Manager will lead development of all government benefit features in Fresh EBT, which are used by nearly a quarter of all food stamp recipients in the country every month. You’ll work to maintain and expand mission-critical EBT integrations; own core growth and stability metrics; and dive deep into the weeds on P0 issues that frequently emerge across the dozens of state EBT systems that underpin Fresh EBT. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker who has PM’d a technical product and is deeply motivated to strengthen the safety net and do right by our users.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
What you’ll do:
- Lead product development processes, including sprint planning, task scoping, bug and backlog prioritization
- Work with engineering, business, and other team members to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Own core application usage and growth metrics, getting deep into our product analytics tools and reporting out regularly
- Scope new features and improvements that add value to our product offering and help our users better manage government benefits
- Investigate technical issues in a structured and data-driven way and support engineering-led solutions
What you have:
- Experience as a product manager on a technical product
- Experience or strong interest in managing people
- Analytical mind and experience analyzing product and technical data (we use tools like Amplitude, Metabase, and Kibana/Elasticsearch, though you do not need to be familiar with these particular tools)
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to motivate, empower, and unblock a team
- Ability to thrive in unstructured and constantly evolving environments (including responding to P0 issues)
- Deep passion for making a difference in the lives of our users