As a Senior Product Manager for Guru’s Design Systems team, you will help drive the evolution of Guru’s visual language and interaction pattern library, Sage, which defines the look, feel, and interaction of our entire product experience. You’ll craft a strategy to advance product usability and accessibility through a combination of data analysis, domain knowledge, and user research, as well as improving the standards guiding the use of these components, increasing the velocity of all our teams by providing the building blocks for all pods to quickly iterate modularly and with confidence. In this role, you’ll grow the connective thread that enables our teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience across our product by providing intuitive components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling around our design system.
This is the role for you if you think in systems and can see how many parts fit together into a whole product experience, and how a small change can propagate throughout our systems. We’re looking for someone collaborative who can partner with our design systems engineers and designers and make an impact quickly.
- Define our strategy for building and expanding Guru’s design system and manage its implementation into our product
- Work with a team of designers and engineers to align on strategy, goals, and roadmaps for Sage development, then evaluate, design, document, and ship design system features
- Establish success metrics for the Design Systems pod
- Form positive relationships and process with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build processes for Sage implementation, utilization, and contributions
- Participate in user research and testing as needed to ensure usability and product consistency
- Set up foundations for localization across the applications
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience with the UX design process, app usability, and its methodologies
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working with engineering and design; experience working with payments and billing platforms preferable
- Track record of delivering products that delight customers
- Demonstrated data analysis, customer research, and market research chops
- Experience getting things done, even when it wasn’t in your exact job description, and working effectively across multiple streams
- Ability to overcome organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Experience with localization and translation a plus
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.