Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We believe in empowering creative people around the globe to buy and sell the things they love. With over 2.7 million sellers offering over 66 million items, our sellers are at the heart of Etsy’s mission to keep commerce human.
As a Staff Product Manager supporting our international sellers, you’ll focus on making Etsy the best place for our sellers to start and grow their business and connect with their customers. You’ll work on opportunities to help sellers more seamlessly run their growing business, increase their sales and deliver exceptional experiences to their buyers. You will partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, research, marketing, and analytics to develop and deliver outstanding products, features, and experiences that enable the success of the millions of businesses on our platform.
Here’s a taste of some of the problems we’re solving today: How can we help more creators around the world open a shop and make their first sales? How can we provide sellers with relevant and personalized insights that deliver results? How can we support sellers in our newest and growing markets? How can we facilitate cross-border trade and help sellers find new customers globally?
This is a full-time position located (eventually), in Brooklyn or San Francisco, reporting to the Director of Product Management. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week and we’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
About the role:
- Develop and lead a product strategy that is clearly articulated, easily understood, and delivers meaningful impact to our customers and business.
- Develop a roadmap and prioritize product features, through continuous iteration and experimentation.
- Lead a cross-functional team in crafting value for Etsy’s sellers, and often buyers.
- Use research and analysis to conceptualize, validate, and build products that are strategically aligned with our business goals.
- Work closely and with designers, engineers, user researchers, data analysts, and product marketers to build immersive and business driving experiences.
- Own accountability for the performance of key products in our seller platform, including impact to the business and our customers.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
- Passionate about solving small business problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing those plans to bring value to our business and customers.
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data (especially from A/B tests) to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; optimistic and forward-looking!
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making with Engineering, Product Design, Analytics, and Research partners.
- Experience working in a marketplace, marketing products, or third-party partnerships as a plus.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.