We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Product Management team and take its multi-million dollar free-to-play mobile business to the next stage of evolution. We are looking for an energetic individual who can dive deep into customer metrics to understand our audience and build successful product strategies and roadmaps. As a product and/or video game expert you will have the opportunity to shape future development and learn more about an exciting player base. This is a unique opportunity to drive step-function incremental value in one of the fastest growing entertainment industries in the world and help to grow and shape products that will evolve quickly and adapt to changing markets. In this role you will have significant exposure to all disciplines as well as the senior leadership of the company.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We’re DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 130 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- BA/BS in related field or the equivalent of 5+ years of software product management, management consulting, strategy, business intelligence or related experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams on tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where rapid outcomes are desired
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach, and demonstrate resilience in front of change and obstacles
Other cards you might be holding
- Strong background in consumer internet products and/or free-to-play games
- MBA or master’s degree
- Experience in engaging and setting high level stakeholder expectations
- Proficiency with SQL
- Familiarity with Tableau, Python or equivalent
Placing your best bet – the responsibilities
- Develop a process for analyzing game performance, building recommendations for feature prioritization, analyzing key performance indicators of post-release features, and rigorously testing/optimizing them.
- Define and execute on an approach to analyze information based on frequency, urgency, cost, generality, and other factors that weigh on prioritization decisions.
- Develop and maintain a process and backlog list of feature, functionality and improvement needs expressed by internal teams, our customers, and the market.
- Have a focus on monetization and retention features, ancillary to the core game loop, based on best practices and own data analysis.
- Present product analysis and feature definition for the product and design teams.
- Analyze user behavior and business performance to make effective business decisions regarding new releases.
- Develop a subtle understanding of the social casino player, leading to the discovery of opportunities to innovate in the space.
- Create buy-in for the product vision with feature development teams and key stakeholders
Hitting the jackpot
You will have a direct impact on the product strategy and feature design of our apps. Within a year, you will be responsible for building the feature roadmaps used by discipline and team leads and will be meeting with senior leadership to bring incremental growth to the business. You’ll become familiar with the different types of users who play our slot machine apps and will build approaches to target the different behavioral patterns seen. You will have a direct line of communication with key executives and stakeholders in charge of product development. Success for this role will be measured in your ability to identify these business targets accurately and rapidly, as well as reaching them successfully.
Cashing in on the comps
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! What do you mean? I’m glad you asked. Here is a short list of goodies boxes that have already gone out to employees:
- Summer Picnic in a Box (Hawaiian Themed)
- DDI Farmers Market Box (Filled with local goodies to support the community!)
- Oktoberfest Box
- Dia De Los Muertos & Halloween Treats Box (eagerly awaiting this one 😊)
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn’t cool enough, you’ll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we’re the best place in Seattle to work? We’re committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.