The Senior Product Manager is responsible for executing Special Make Up (SMU) programs and influencing compelling new products for the PMI Specialty Coffee business unit in North America. You are an experienced Senior Product Manager with a proven track record of creating innovative, trend-right products that delight the consumer and enhance global brands. This role requires a creative thinker capable of developing winning products and seasonal programs for our customers which drive incremental sales and increased market share. Your collaborative creative approach allows you to connect with the customer, understand their needs and influence decisions. You can drive the strategy while executing the details and are as comfortable behind the scenes working with internal cross functional teams to bring products and programs to life as you are presenting your vision to various levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Contributes regional needs to the Specialty Coffee Program and Product Map:
- Ensures product ranges meet regional and partnership needs—materials, function, size, features, and CMF (Color/Material/Finish).
- Identifies and presents specific regional market needs, partner needs and consumer trends supporting development focus in market.
- Oversees regional strategies/assortments within the global brand priority to fit Core & Promotional opportunities including: Seasonal Programs (SMU), Partnerships, and Limited Time Offer (LTO):
- Creates and contributes to program briefs, project kick offs and management reviews.
- Creates and provides guidance on timelines—both standard and custom.
- Creates and drives alignment on program presentations – both internal and customer facing.
- Drive cohesiveness across materials and regions, aligned with overarching customer regional product strategy and aesthetic.
- Product costing management, executing pricing for SMU, CMF & LTO programs:
- Program pricing and negotiations in partnership with Program Management and Supply Chain.
- New product pricing and negotiations in partnership with Product Managers.
- Detailed knowledge of the customer:
- Highly integrated with the customer’s requirements and needs, partnering closely with the Program/Account Management and Planning Teams.
- Acutely aware of deadlines, priorities of day to day business requirements.
- Setting Regional and Partnership program priorities and balancing long and short-term customer needs, working with Director of Product Management on cross team prioritization.
- Partners with Director of Product Management on activities related to your specific region:
- Deep experience in product development, sourcing, pricing, and customer service—a key resource for the PM Team.
- Significant experience directing and coordinating creative work, specializing in regional needs for color, graphic design, and trend.
- Drive and balance day to day overall priorities related to your region. Ensure on time, compliant and on brand product development for your region.
- Manage information sharing and leverage knowledge across the PM team globally.
- Advocating for the customer internally with cross functional development team:
- Voice of the specialty coffee customers and North America consumers.
- Identification of new Color/Materials/Finish (CMF) collaborating with the PM and CMF Team.
- Communicate and drive urgency throughout the organization, escalating, as necessary.
- Extremely detailed and highly professional customer communication, that is always aligned with our PMI department leadership.
- Be the expert of consumer and market trends within your region, maintain awareness of the Specialty Coffee market, from large coffee chains, to mid-size chains, to independent coffee houses.
- Conduct and apply market and consumer research and analyses and execute consumer insights projects across materials in your region to best understand consumer preferences, needs, wants and competitive retail to support critical business decision making.
- Support growth in your region in alignment with budget and sales goals.
- Develops presentation decks and provides support in customer presentations.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required to support customer needs.
- Passion and desire to work with consumer products, with an in-depth knowledge of specialty market products preferred.
- Analytical and strategic capabilities; manage high level overview and provide direction to the cross functional team.
- Strong understanding of principles of the Product Development process, Project Management, Engineering, Product Design, Surface Design and Manufacturing.
- Self-starting, self-managing, independent creative thinking, detail-oriented, and time-bound.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
- Teamwork spirit. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all levels and global locations. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Expert in building compelling, well designed PowerPoint presentations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Smartsheets and Agile experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, is a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks with exceptional time-management skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Patient and positive attitude a must; neatness and punctuality important.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Can work effectively under pressure.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in a Product or Marketing related major or specific Product Management Training.
- 10 years’ work experience developing products with consumer hard goods brand experience:
- Experience developing multiple products and customer programs on schedule, in parallel on the same timeline.
- Proven track record building new and maintaining existing product categories.
- Experience scoping and executing both quantitative and qualitative consumer research (online and in-person).
- Candidates should demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of basic financial and business principles.
- Passion for product (and product development).
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Adept at managing priorities in development.
- Ability to self-manage large amounts of detailed information and catch errors.
Interaction and Environment
Reports To: Director of Product Management, partners with Global Product and Creative Development, Program/Account Management, Supply Chain, and Planning teams.
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
About PMI Worldwide:
Established in 1983, privately held PMI Worldwide (PMI) designs, manufactures and markets
innovative food and beverage solutions designed for all lifestyles. Our two most recognizable brands, Stanley® and Aladdin®, are both over 100 years old. PMI also operates a thriving private-label business for globally recognized companies. PMI is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, China; Manila, Philippines; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and Amsterdam, Netherlands. More information can be found at www.pmi-worldwide.com
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@Pmi-worldwide.com