- Create and deliver an ambitious Operations Technology strategy grounded in customer insights and that creates long-term customer value.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your stakeholders, establishing alignment and clear prioritization.
- Partner with your Engineering Manager to lead and empower a team of engineers that deliver value quickly.
- Define features and functionality based on feedback and research, and provide clear requirements for your team.
- Identify the wide-ranging implications for each product feature and problem-solve across the entire organization. Anticipate problems before they impact teams.
- Connect your work to the broader outcomes of the business through detailed modeling and analysis.
- Lead other product managers by the example you set and the results you achieve; influence our product processes, principles and overall strategy.
- Travel to warehouse facilities as necessary to ensure good partner relationships and seamless project execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Consistent track record of delivering successful features from inception through launch and impacting the metrics of a business in an obvious and measurable way.
- Ability to influence and inspire your team by storytelling the problems to solve and presenting a vision for what you want to achieve.
- Establishing baselines, setting SMART goals, and measuring success is second nature to you.
- Technical proficiency across the whole stack — you can keep up with engineering discussions, even though you also know what you don’t know.
- Ability to speak fluently with different departmental cultures, such as Operations, Merchandising and Finance.
- Previous experience working on operations technology.
- We’re remote first, so strong written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- Cool as a cucumber – you prefer thinking over reacting.
- Hyper-organized – in your thoughts and how you communicate.
- Execution-oriented – you like ideas, but you like execution even better.
- Customer focused and data-informed.
- Curious, hardworking, and positive.
- Personally aligned with our mission to eliminate food waste.
- History of working with real-world logistics, especially within grocery
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) (Manhattan), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (NetSuite), and last mile routing and delivery systems (Onfleet).
- Proven experience building internal tools.
- Prior experience building third party integrations.
Details of Position:
- Position reports to Group Product Manager, Merchandising and Operations
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets