We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Product team look like?
The “Powered by Bench” team at Bench is responsible for building APIs that enable hundreds of thousands of potential clients to access Bench bookkeeping services through partner companies. This Senior Product Manager will lead the product definition, launch, and roadmap of these Bench APIs. This is a high impact role with a lot of autonomy. Great opportunity to build a product with pent-up demand, from ground zero.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Work backwards from Bench partners to define APIs that deliver the Powered by Bench experience
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver a superior developer experience to Bench partners
- Collaborate with the product design team, retail product management team, and our partners to deliver a superior end-customer experience to Powered by Bench users.
- Collaborate with marketing on GTM strategies and successfully launch new products
- Own and prioritize the roadmap for Powered by Bench
- Define metrics that measure the success of the Powered by Bench and communicate them effectively to executive leadership
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A resonance with our mission and principles.
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in B2B product management.
- A demonstrated track record of successful full-cycle product management.
- Built and launched new APIs. You are passionate about building a whole set of APIs from scratch. APIs that will facilitate millions of transactions per month.
- Adeptness at discussing solutions to complex problems with engineers. Software engineers at Bench partners will be your customers.
- A demonstrable drive to grow. Fostering growth is what we do here, in ourselves and in our reports. Our mission is big, and we all need to grow significantly to achieve it.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, a keen perceptiveness to your audience, and the ability to authentically generate buy-in across multiple teams.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $126k-$157k. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.