Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
What you’ll do:
- The primary mission is to manage the trading roadmap and backlog to deliver the best trading experience for our advisors.
- Ensure that requirements and designs for the trading products are based on sound market and competitive research and are supported by industry experience, customer interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Manage the trading team’s backlog and prioritization. Keep the team on track for key delivery dates.
- Create release notes, knowledge base articles and training materials to be used for internal and external distribution for our trading product.
- Ownership of issues affecting trading. Primary point of contact.
- Liaise with the Customer Success, Trading Operations, and Compliance teams to investigate issues and work closely with engineering to find solutions.
- Contribute to architectural and vendor decisions in close partnership with the engineering team, product management and executive stakeholders.
- Partner with engineering and design to build out a team to grow the trading product.
- Partner with our design team to create user interfaces and efficient workflows for the manual trading platform.
- Partner with the brokerage product management team to assist in the growth and support of all brokerage related products.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and reporting on key product KPIs across the brokerage products.
- Proven track record on building high functioning teams across product, engineering and design.
- Become a subject matter expert on trading, serving as a resource to other departments.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of prior experience working in a product management role at a broker dealer.
- Ability to work during core US equity market hours.
- Experience building and managing trading platforms across multiple asset classes.
- Experience working in an agile environment using tools such as Jira, confluence, etc.
- Hands on experience working with equity, option, mutual fund, and bond trading platforms.
- Experience working with requirements from FINRA, SEC and other regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Domain knowledge and solid understanding of the investment management landscape and broker dealer needs.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to present your ideas to and collaborate with engineering and design teams.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Finra licenses are a plus.
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.