RStudio creates great open source and commercial software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications, based on a Code First approach centered on R and Python.
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be part of an experienced product marketing team, and will be responsible for creating content to support our software marketing efforts, promote awareness of RStudio’s commercial products and overall brand, and support our engagement with industry analyst firms, such as Gartner and Forrester.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating (and supporting others in the creation of) content that communicates the challenges that data science teams face, solutions to those challenges, and how RStudio pro and open source products help deliver those solutions. This communication and content will take various forms, potentially including:
- Writing and editing copy for web pages, blogs, newsletters and social media, based on current Go To Market themes and marketing priorities.
- Identifying potential gaps in customer/prospect needs address, and in our content and themes.
- Working with other contributors at RStudio to plan, edit, refine and stage content for blog posts, web pages, etc.
- Planning and contributing to webinars and content presented at various events, both in person and virtual.
- Managing a content calendar and ensuring regular content cadence.
- Supporting our Analyst Relations efforts, including reviewing and sharing relevant analyst research, and creating and sharing relevant content with these analysts.
- You are able to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward, engaging and informative way, both verbally and in written form, that demonstrates empathy for customers struggles and challenges
- You have experience working in product or content marketing, or related functions, for data science or analytics software or projects.
- You are humble, kind, curious and people smart
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities, with strong critical thinking and project management skills
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and understand trade-offs in goals and investments of resources
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Ability to speak and write effectively for a variety of audiences and channels of communication
- You have some familiarity with R, Python, and/or RStudio products
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy