The role of a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Weedmaps is to own GTM plans and drive alignment across Product, Marketing and Sales across both B2B and B2C launches. You will be expected to drive strategic thinking to create a complete marketing experience for raising awareness and interest about Weedmaps products and features among cannabis enterprises everywhere and educating consumers through a seamless customer journey, from interest to discovery and informing consumer opinion about the state of the industry.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will oversee Weedmaps campaigns across multiple segments and channels. You are a passionate and results-driven individual with experience in a fast paced consumer marketing environment and have driven user acquisition at scale. This role is very well resourced and will involve developing customer use case stories, creating new and innovative marketing assets and capturing the groundswell demand of users in the cannabis space.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 15 million consumers on a monthly basis.
The impact you’ll make:
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
- Develop, socialize and get buy-in for marketing strategy and programs, working closely with key stakeholders and sales leadership.
- Optimize new customer acquisition campaigns and programs aligned to horizontal and vertical solutions including online marketing, events, outbound campaigns, external trade shows and customer stories.
- Grow awareness, familiarity and perception for Weedmaps in key local cities and markets.
- Work closely with the sales and business development teams to drive opportunity and business growth.
What you’ve accomplished:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of industry experience in consumer marketing
- Function specific marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution)
- Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus.
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns and ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities. Proven ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
- Excellent communication skills in business and technical situations.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar), marketing automation tools (Marketo or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!