Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more accessible, and affordable. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re doing. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level projects
- The projects may consist of multiple Agile teams and require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- Using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort
- Achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Monitor projects to ensure they are proceeding according to scope, schedule, and budget
- Provide status reporting on all projects including milestones, scope changes, risks, issues, actions, and dependencies
- Resolve problems, conflicts, and assist to remove critical path blockers on deliverables that span one or multiple lines of business
- Maintain and lead project working groups and status report meeting with various attendees, including technical teams, business stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Ensure that all project dependencies have been interlocked
- Proactively engage Executive Stakeholders, Project Sponsor, and project teams to ensure that project assumptions, risks, issues, and dependencies are identified, documented, quantified, and communicated early
- Work with Product Management and Technology to plan technical deliverables and product roadmap prioritization as necessary
- Work closely with Scrum teams to ensure development estimates are done and aligned to the project plan
- Remove barriers to technical delivery while ensuring internal controls are met
- Support the QA process and coordination integrated UAT with stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of Brokerage Operations and Brokerage Technology
What You’ll Bring
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in the fintech space
- Extensive knowledge of brokerage operations and brokerage technology
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you’ll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.