- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
This role is on the Internal Tools team. Our team focuses on building features and tools to support internal departments like Customer Support and Trust & Safety as they manage our marketplace and work with our Clients and our Taskers. Our charter is to provide Operations with the internally applicable, intelligent tooling required to grow our business, optimize our resources, and protect our community. Our goal is that every job gets done with a high quality experience for the user.
Our Internal Tools team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who specializes in scalable Ruby on Rails applications. As a senior engineer, you’ll be one of the leaders of the team, helping to mentor junior engineers, proposing creative solutions, and de-tangling the complex into the simple. We believe strongly in test-driven development and code reviews.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Building out backend APIs to support clients, taskers, and internal users
- Architect and create complex solutions to backend challenges
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up
- Work alongside more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Maintain and expand upon existing code and functionality
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new Rails code
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Excited about continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Comfortable with test frameworks
- A strong advocate of clean code
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.