Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
Chronosphere is looking for an experienced technical sales enthusiast to join our Sales Engineering team. Your main responsibility will be to partner with an account executive on owning the technical sales strategy and execution for enterprise opportunities, demonstrating to customers the power and value of Chronosphere, and guiding their monitoring and observability solutions.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to pre- and post-sales processes, inform product innovation and build a career pathway in a rapidly growing startup with a solid foundation.
- Engage in early technical qualification and requirements gathering, while demonstrating relevant Chronosphere capabilities
- Drive and advise customers on pilot implementation, engaging Customer Solutions Engineers, Engineering and Product as pertinent
- Work with your account executives on presentation customization, RFP responses, proposal packaging and account strategies
- Be comfortable connecting technical solutions with business value and organizational priorities
- Build rapport and trust in both Chronosphere as a solution, vendor and partner
- 5+ years of experience as a sales engineer or equivalent pre-sales technical role
- A passion for building relationships and driving sales success
- A growth mentality with the instinct to be creative and collaboratively problem-solve
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a high sense of urgency
- Broad industry knowledge pertaining to cloud infrastructure, software development and open source software
- Strong personal motivation to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Direct hands-on experience, or working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure or other modern cloud native technologies and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to write code in at least one modern programming language (Node.js, Python, Go, Java, etc)
- Prior experience at a SaaS or Open Source vendor
- Prior experience with monitoring or observability tools (New Relic, Grafana, Splunk, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written skills
- Organizational skills and a results-oriented, self-starter attitude
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, we will help you get up to speed on the Chronosphere technology, product and how it fits our target market. By the end of the 30 days you will be able to participate in qualification and discovery calls with customers, working towards providing a demo and handling deeper conversations that lead to pilot planning.
In three months you will be managing technical account strategy from introductions to pilot execution, building a healthy pipeline of opportunities in partnership with your account executive. You will also be contributing your improvements to key aspects of the pre-sales process based on your experiences and particular strengths.
United States – Remote #LI-Remote
Seong Park – Head of Sales Engineering
Anwesh Rijal – Sales Engineering Manager, East
Suzanne Aldrich – Sales Engineering Manager, West
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Martin Mao – CEO
- Bryan Dell – CRO
- Jeff Cobb – Head of Product
- Ian Smith – Field CTO
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com