KCL started in 2009 when two stay-at-home moms decided to cut their grocery bill through couponing. Then they decided to blog about it. We’ve been enabling smart people to live like rich people ever since. In a nutshell: we make it easy to shop smarter.
About The Team:
About The Role:
As a Senior SDET, you’ll take ownership of building automation and testing that will ensure high-quality releases. You can expect to work not only with the Executive team, but with several other critical teams such as Product, UX, and Content. By helping us deliver only high-quality releases, you will have a direct impact on how we, as a company, stay focused on our users. In this role, you will own and drive automated testing as well as manual testing where needed across both our web and app product offerings.
KCL will currently consider applicants who reside in the following states: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin or South Dakota.
In your role as an SDET, you will:
- Own and lead the design, development and execution of test automation & its processes including:
- Design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment
- Monitor, consolidate, analyze, debug and communicates automation test results
- Create and manufacture test data needed for execution or database population
- Build tools to support automated testing of products
- Provide accurate time estimates and communication throughout KCL
- Drive analysis on whether features or functions should be automated and prioritize the items to tackle first
- Take part in the continual maintenance of our code base and refactoring
- Work with leadership and engineering team to address and overcome the challenges of improving KCL’s automation frameworks
- 2+ years experience writing Cypress tests
- Experience testing web, iOS, and Android applications
- Natural leader who takes initiative to ensure the highest quality is delivered in a timely manner
- Self-starter who thrives on jumping into the unknown and helping define process from the ground up
- Enjoys breaking other people’s code and then helping debug
- Takes pride in automating repetitive tasks, no matter how simple
- Currently use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Experience with JUnit
- Experience with front-end testing tools (Selenium Web Driver, Grid)
- Understand the difference between BDD and TDD and have experience with at least one
- Experience with basic database queries in GraphQL and MongoDB
- Comfortable working on the command line
- Highly comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation
- Possess a working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- Enjoys laying the foundation for quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
It’d be nice if you have:
- Passion for learning new tools / technologies
- Experienced in script development in a Linux environment
- Cloudformation template experience
- Experience creating synthetic checks to monitor and test HTTP-based APIs
- Experience working with applications deployed into public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience running tests in a continuous integration system like TeamCity, Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- Experience with performance or load testing
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with SauceLabs, BrowerStack, or other browser compatibility testing tools
KCL employment during Covid-19
Here at KCL, the health of our community and employees is our number one priority. Although it’s not an ideal way to begin a new position within a company, we are encouraging all employees to work from home for the time being. We will do everything possible to ensure your onboarding experience is as easy as possible during these times. That said, communication will be key (as well as a reliable internet connection!).
We’ve built a unique company culture that combines sarcasm and shenanigans with high productivity and innovation. Our headquarters sits on the greenbelt adjacent to the beautiful Boise River in Boise, ID.
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who can work in a scrappy, fast-paced environment, where egos and org charts are not allowed. If you’ve got brains plus drive and you can admit three work tasks you’re genuinely bad at, you have the self-awareness we’re looking for. At KCL, we never expect perfection, only humility and transparency.
If you like autonomy and a challenge, we think you’ll love it here.