Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Senior Server Engineer to build and integrate backend game services. This person will create software and infrastructure solutions to enable online game services, improve game server performance, and provide observability.
What You’ll Do:
- Add features to existing micro-services and create new micro-services
- Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
- Collaborate with other programmers and programming teams to deliver high-quality, complex systems
- Review proposed architectures, providing feedback or identifying constraints
- Provide delivery of cloud architecture solutions, configuration, and support
- Review and create policies for cloud environments for security, cost, and efficiency
- Utilize automation tools such Terraform and GitLab
- Assist the server engineering team in the design and implementation of server technology
- Design, architect, and refine backend game systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base-level functionality for feature development
What You Bring:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- A mind for detective debugging work to track down and fix issues spanning multiple domains
- Experience building microservices in C# or Go
- Experience building backend services
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with managing Kubernetes infrastructure
- Experience with Twirp, REST and/or gRPC
- One or more AWS Certifications
- One or more Kubernetes Certifications
- Proficient in C++
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with performance optimization on Unreal game servers and network replication
- Experience with game server technology
- Solid understanding of monitoring, alerting, and observability philosophies and best practices
- Experience with Terraform, CDKTF, or AWS CDK
- Experience supporting and developing for high volume web applications
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
Disruptive Games is a fully remote studio with employees all over the world. Regardless of where you live, we ensure you’re paid a fair market rate. Our salary offers are informed by market compensation data, which takes into account each positions unique job function and your location.
In the United States, the compensation range for this position is typically between $81,000-$122,000 USD.
United States Employee Perks & Benefits
Health, vision, and dental insurance plans
Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
401(k) with matching contributions
New hire home office set up
Flexible work schedules
Incredible, collaborative team
Engaging virtual office environment
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.