Senior Software Engineer
RStudio is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the RStudio Connect team. RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work data science teams create in R or Python. Using Connect, our customers can securely manage all of their data science assets, like interactive apps, APIs, models, and scheduled reports, all in one place. While data scientists publish to the platform, often IT professionals are the administrators of the platform. We provide capabilities to meet the needs of this diverse set of users.
What you will do:
- Drive technical decisions for subsections of the product. Take ownership of some part of the product and become an expert over time. Some of these areas could be the UI, the API, IAM, cloud-native capabilities, or the backend components that drive it all.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, quality analysts, product managers, and designers. You’ll work with a range of people that bring different skills to the process.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the product from design through support. RStudio Connect is young; we spend our time building new capabilities as well as improving existing ones.
What you don’t need on day 1:
Experience in data science is not required to join the Connect engineering team. Along the way, we expect that you’ll develop an understanding of the domain. By spending some time with data science tools, you will build better products to serve our users. We offer many opportunities to learn and explore the field.
What you bring:
- Experience designing and building new product features, expanding large systems, and API design.
- Experience working with any of the major Cloud providers.
- 7+ years developing, testing, shipping, and maintaining software in production.
- A genuine interest in the success and growth of the people you work with.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter. Our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and aim to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: a significant % of our engineering group is dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team by design and have been since we formed as an organization
- Competitive compensation with great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A profit-sharing program
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.