Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
How You’ll Contribute:
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on API & Infrastructure at WellSaid Labs, you’ll be working on large-scale projects that improve the availability and performance of our core platform, services and data pipelines, augment and scale our API solution, and periodically consult with the sales team as a technical expert for customer integrations such as SSO and security reviews.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Enhance customer-facing API through design iteration, implementation, customer management and implementation of incremental enterprise use cases
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand and implement API onboarding enhancements
- Build automated tests to proactively identify API regressions and/or limitations the API solution
- Configure our services for high availability with redundancy, backups, and tooling
- Improve our deployment process with a focus on making all code changes fast, simple, and safe
- Drive preventative efforts to ensure system reliability and ability to scale with new customers
- Participate in response and recovery efforts from active incidents which include performing root cause analysis
- Identify novel ways to handle load and scale resource-intensive applications
- Seek and implement novel solutions to reduce infrastructure costs as systems scale
- Collaborate on code reviews, infrastructure improvements, and larger engineering efforts across product offerings
- Periodically serve as technical consultant to enterprise sales prospects interested in SSO or other integrations
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have a strong understanding of computer science concepts including algorithms, data structures, and systems design. You have experience with cloud environments and container technology, including AWS or GCP, Kubernetes, and Docker. You ideally also have some combination of the following:
- 5+ years with a modern programming language (Golang, Typescript, Python, etc…)
- The ability to debug and solve issues in a production environment
- An understanding of how to profile applications and databases, to identify and debug performance issues
- Fluency working in a UNIX shell to analyze logs, investigate issues handle other common operational tasks
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience scaling an enterprise-grade API
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to less-technical internal customer-facing stakeholders
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $130,000 – $160,000, and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory call with our recruiting team (20-30 minutes)
- An interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- A technical screen, either as a live interview via Karat
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable and set up for success in our process.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws.