Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the U.S., Guru is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to be a core part of our Monetization team.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will collaborate to create and evolve revenue-driving flows focused on conversion and team expansion across our product surfaces by developing, implementing, and deploying back-end services, APIs, and internal tools.
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we seek to reflect on past projects and find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance especially during the global pandemic as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you responsibilities will include:
- Implementing product features
- Conducting due diligence to assess feasibility for upcoming projects
- Collaborating with others to build unique solutions, reviewing code, and triaging issues
- Solving complex problems with limited direction
- Identifying opportunities for paying down technical debt
- Helping lead mentor newer engineers as our team scales
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 4-6 years of professional experience building enterprise grade applications preferably in Java
- Experience with modern software development and deployment practices included unit & integrations testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with SQL and relational data
- Have a deep understanding of architectural best practices for large scale applications
- Proficiency using version control systems like Git
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with AWS services including EC2
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with CircleCI
- Experience using mocking libraries like Mockito or EasyMock
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health, wellness, and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in Philadelphia, San Francisco, or Fully Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
All are welcome here. At Guru, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background. If you have any questions about the application process or need any accommodations, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org