Cribl Inc is looking for an Integrations Software Engineer. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We’re backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
You will join a team of technical engineers who are committed to shipping only high-quality software and enjoying all the goat gifs the internet has to offer. You will report into the engineering organization where you will help develop integrations with data platforms such as: Splunk S2S & HEC, Elastic Search, Kafka, Prometheus, Data Dog and so much more. These touch points are the very life blood of the LogStream platform as they are responsible for bringing data into the system, routing, and forwarding processed (reshaped) data to its final destination.
- Develop features that integrate Cribl’s data stream processing engine with data systems such as Splunk, Elastic Search, Kafka, AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage, Google Cloud Storage.
- You have an Operational Mindset, and are able to step back and understand the bigger picture on how to improve the performance and maintainability of all the code you write.
- You will write understandable, high-quality code and deeply grasp the series of technologies that power products and applications.
- Collaborate with product, design, and business teams to translate feature specifications into implementable code and architectures.
- Work collaboratively with other technical team members to develop technologies that serve to achieve business goals.
- You will implement best practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, testing, and code review.
- You enjoy making other teams successful and are fulfilled through the success of others.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- 5-10 years total development experience
- Extensive software engineering experience in JS/TS/NodeJS
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems
- Experience using Cloud based data platforms such as AWS (S3, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch Logs, Firehose) or Azure (Event Hubs, Blob Storage), or Google Cloud ( Cloud Storage, PubSub)
- You are self starter, minimal supervision and track record of learning quickly
- Cares about details and is dedicated to elegant and high quality software
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Authorization and Authentication frameworks and protocols such as Oauth2, OpenID Connect, and LDAP
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 APIs (Services, Management, Message Trace, Teams)
- Experience in advanced development, especially in distributed systems and large, complex system environments deployed at scale
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.