We’re a well-funded (Series A), remote-first team (40+ employees) on a mission to solve the complexities of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle, and other ML & data-centric workflows.
We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise customers.
✅ Check out our open-source projects in GitHub
As ML models are getting increasingly complex, the future of AI critically depends on labeling. Labeling tools are one of the fastest-growing areas in ML operations. We are looking for top engineers to join us build better label management experiences to power critical AI applications.
You’ll be joining a small team incubating a state-of-the-art open-source label management solution. The role is high-impact, versatile and requires creativity and deep-dive into systems programming. We are looking for strong software engineers who care deeply about writing thoughtful and elegant code, and designing scaleable frameworks.
- Own large new areas within our labeling software, and build them from ground up
- Participate in the entire product lifecycle from concept through production
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Systems programming and a solid knowledge of Python
- At least one year of experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, and server architectures
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software
Great to Have
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working on high performance database internals, or heavily distributed server backends
- Prior startup experience
- Experience at other API technology companies
- Command of modern system-level languages like Go or Rust
- Former roles in Machine Learning
WHAT WE OFFER
🌎 Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
⚓️ Engineering team is involved in product discussions and planning. We do it openly via GitHub or Discord chat. Well-defined process that we all participate in improving.
🎤 Besides building the products and the business we participate in conferences (PyCon, PyData, O’Reilly AI, etc). We encourage and support the team in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
⚕️ Great health coverage (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
🛡️ 401K with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, ITERATIVE is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
Great health coverage for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
Unlimited PTO and sick days