Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost management. Veho focuses on the end customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a two-sided crowd-sourced platform and a network of hyper-local distribution centers. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers control on how, when, and where their package is delivered. Veho is disrupting the logistics space through our technology. We put the customer at the center, replacing the old model of fleet vehicles doing package delivery. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers controls on how, when, and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% – far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay, and Amazon; three former public company CEOs, and early investors in Lyft and Instacart. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
Position: Senior Software Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Decision Engineer who loves efficiency and values usability. You will help push our optimization and simulation technology to new heights.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing and developing algorithms in one or more areas of the stack, ranging from route planning, behavior planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and machine learning
- Extensively testing your algorithms, through unit testing and simulation testing in the cloud
- Developing tools for visualization and debugging, and analyze metrics to prioritize next steps
- Optimizing the runtime and memory efficiency of the platform
- Maintaining a deep appreciation for the difference between a good decision and a good outcome
- Building models, designing algorithms, conducting analysis, and presenting the results
- Looking forward, using future-oriented tools like expert assessments, scenarios, and computer-based structural models to provide relevant information
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- 6+ years experience backend or systems programming
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep experience with statically compiled languages such as Go, C++, or Java
- Experience with serverless systems in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Ability to mentor and work effectively with a team of engineers
- Comfort switching between tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Go
- Experience with productionalization of machine learning or deep learning models
- Experience with optimization techniques, such as integer or constraint programming
- Familiarity with Web Assembly
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics, or a related field