Guru is seeking a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to be a core part of our Authoring and Editing team. As part of a cross-functional team, you will develop rich text editor features, and help us implement the future of our WYSIWYG editor. We are striving to build a best-in-class real-time, collaborative editing experience, with performant tables, among many other editor enhancements. As a knowledge management tool, creating content is fundamental to our user experience. You will be an advocate for this content creation experience and bring ideas about how to make our editor more robust.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is to “Learn and Grow” by reflecting on past projects to identify opportunities to improve how we communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance especially during the global pandemic as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
As a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing seamless, interactive editor features, complete with test coverage
- Designing an editor architecture built around reliability, performance, & scalability
- Expanding and automating our editor performance monitoring solution
- Keeping team informed on the latest best practices around rich text editing
- Identifying opportunities to both ideate on new editor features and burn down editor technical debt
- Collaborate across a multi-functional team of product managers, UX designers, and software engineers to deliver impactful improvements to how people create, view, and collaborate on content in Guru
- Helping lead and mentor newer engineers as our team scales
- 5+ years of experience in software development, product development on WYSIWYG/rich text editors preferred
- Experience working with and extending collaborative rich text editor frameworks such as SlateJS, QuillJS, DraftJS, or ProseMirror.
- Experience with implementing collaborative editing with websockets, merging algorithms like Operational Transform or Conflict-free Replicated Data Type, and performance optimization
- Familiarity with the Document Object Model Web API
- Experience with Unit testing or Test driven development (Jest, Cypress, JUnit, and/or Mockito)
- Understanding of information security practices (web encryption, data permissions, etc)
- Proficiency using version control systems like Git
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working within an open source community, being a core contributor on a project, and/or familiarity with facilitating an open source vision and strategy
- Experience with modern technologies (React, TypeScript, ES6, Spring, and/or Node)
- Experience in CI/CD environment, building and supporting tools and systems to support high quality and speed of development
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.