Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the U.S., Guru is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to be a core part of our integrations team. As part of a cross-functional team, you will collaborate to develop, implement, and deploy services, APIs, and internal tools for ecosystems including Microsoft and Slack.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we strive to continually identify opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you responsibilities will include:
- Implementing product features
- Conducting due diligence to assess feasibility for upcoming projects
- Collaborating with others to build unique solutions, reviewing code, and triaging issues
- Solving complex problems with limited direction
- Identifying opportunities for paying down technical debt
- Helping lead mentor newer engineers as our team scales
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, product development preferred
- Experience building enterprise grade applications
- Experience implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with SQL and relational data
- Experience with Unit testing or Test driven development
- Have a deep understanding of good architectural practices for large scale applications
- Understanding of information security practices (web encryption, data permissions, etc)
- Proficiency using version control systems like Git
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with AWS services including EC2, Lambda, S3
- Experience with modern frameworks (Spring, Node, React, TypeScript, and/or ES6)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, JUnit, and/or Mockito)
- Experience in CI/CD environment
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, etc. products
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.