Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you’ll help provide solutions utilizing low-code technologies, data, API development and integration. You’ll work very closely with product, design, business and other engineering teams to understand requirements and, in-turn, turning them into solutions that drive business value. Also, you’ll help build foundational knowledge of Altruists’ financial products and offerings. Lastly, they will exhibit excellent soft skills ranging from a positive attitude, integrity, initiative, accountability, teamwork, and others.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a diverse engineering team utilizing Agile principles
- Partner with product and other stakeholders to clearly define requirements
- Present designs to technology team(s) with clear breakdowns of tasks and deliverables
- Support business partners with delivery of automation, analytics and customer insights
- Administer, support, improve and test functionality, enhancements and documentation
- Champion continuous improvements and collaboration
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL data storages (Postgres/DynamoDB)
- Experience working with Java and Spring ecosystems and microservices
- Knowledge and experience integrating with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with user experience and web-based design
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD
- Ability to contribute and troubleshoot code deployment infrastructure
- Experience with, Jira, Git, testing, and maintaining production code
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development practices
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills with the ability to multitask and deliver in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.