Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the brand-new Impact Shopping team.
Our marketplace contains one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers, and vintage collectors. These users constitute a vibrant global community of millions of sellers who expect Etsy to be a trusted advisor in helping them start and scale their businesses.
Etsy empowers the growth of millions of creative businesses on our platform, and we’re looking for someone to help us surface the valuable work that we’re doing for our community.
This is a full-time role based in Brooklyn, NY or remote. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Team:
You’ll join an initiative that enables buyers to choose a particular item by providing them with the right information at just the right time. The Buying Confidence initiative works on improving the buyer experience throughout the Etsy marketplace, focusing on our buyer flows on Etsy’s most trafficked pages. We work to reduce friction for our buyers, making sure they have an easy and inspiring experience throughout their buying journey.
Here’s a taste of the user problems we’re solving:
How can we leverage PWA tech to improve the buyer experience on mobile devices?
What is the optimal number of reviews for an Etsy listing?
What information does a buyer want to see on an item page?
How and when should we surface information about carbon neutral shipping?
The Impact Shopping squad, within Buying Confidence, supports Etsy’s goal of creating an inclusive and sustainable marketplace.
About the Role:
In this role you will
- Build products and experiences for people buying and selling with Etsy.
- Utilize our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams and business partners at Etsy
- Work with the engineering manager to build the team from scratch
- Help lead design and code reviews for the team
- Be at the forefront of Etsy’s social good efforts
- Thrive when faced with customer and product-focused challenges
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers
- You are a mindful, transparent and thoughtful communicator
- Experience leading a team of engineers, or a significant technical track of work within a team
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.