60% of top research organizations trust Cayuse to help them modernize their research administration systems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
Cayuse empowers globally connected research that reimagines collaboration and drives societal progress. Our platform uniquely addresses the entire hierarchy of research challenges: minimizing risk, driving efficiency, optimizing planning, and enabling world-class, data-driven research management.
Over the past 2 decades, we’ve been on a journey to empower globally connected research. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer- and employee- focused values that lead to a great working environment, and deliver on our mission: Empower organizations to conduct globally connected research and sponsored projects, advancing their impact on science, discovery, and society.
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration by helping universities and research organizations work smarter.
We’re looking for an inspired and talented marketing leader to drive our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong customer foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
Clearly positioning our technology, platform, and products for our sales team, clients, and the market. Customer acquisition via the marketing funnel and digital marketing services. You will lead a marketing team of experts focused on awareness, acquisition, activation, retention and revenue through product marketing, performance marketing, and other channels.
- Lead and develop the marketing organization for a high-growth, best-in-class SaaS company.
- Craft and execute against a crisp annual marketing plan, with clear objectives and key results, in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Be a leader and key contributor, in partnership with Product Management and Sales, to develop and execute effective go to market strategies.
- Define appropriate metrics and KPIs to measure results, assess the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and develop new strategies as necessary.
- Design and execute demand generation strategies to support top of the funnel coverage to achieve revenue growth, including large-scale integrated marketing (and co-marketing) campaigns for US and International operations.
- Lead the business development function to generate marketing qualified leads that convert to pipeline and are nurtured through sales and advocacy.
- Be a trusted partner to the product management team by regularly communicating customer, sales and market needs and insights that inform product roadmap decisions, and strategy, to continue to deliver market leading solutions for research organizations across the globe.
- Lead an effective marketing event strategy to include industry events, both in-person and virtual, to increase brand and product awareness, industry thought-leadership presence, and marketing influenced leads.
- Continue to grow our industry leadership position by bringing together research organizations (customers & prospects), our partner ecosystem and industry thought-leaders; through the Cayuse Community, Cayuse User-conference and other engaging events.
- Be an advocate for Cayuse by growing our industry presence, and voice, in the research community through strategic media placement and analyst relations.
- Understand the buyer journey for each end-market, and create compelling marketing assets that support and position the sales team to successfully drive revenue growth.
- Lead sales enablement efforts to improve the development and effectiveness of the sales team.
- Promote an inclusive work environment by valuing employee differences and contributions, providing opportunities for employees to be heard, and ensuring decisions that affect the team are transparent and equitable.
- 15+ years of progressive work experience with marketing in a B2B and SaaS company – Higher education and/or healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of leadership experience, including experience at the executive level with the ability to effectively recruit, develop, and retain a diverse marketing team of 10 or more in a fast-paced, high revenue growth environment.
- BA/BS degree, Masters preferred.
- Must be both a strategist and tactician.
- A well-rounded marketing professional with experience in;
- Go-to-Market Strategy – product launches, new geographies, partnerships and M&A
- Demand Generation – top-of-funnel, nurturing and advocacy
- Content Marketing – VP does not directly ‘create’ sales enablement tools, presentations, case studies, white-papers, customer videos, POVs, and thought leadership
- Digital Marketing – SEO, social media, webinars, content and email
- Brand Management – Enhance recognition of brand and products
- AR/PR – further develop and leverage relationships with industry media and analysts
- Marketing Research analysis – industries, customers, competitors, and other market variables
- Event Management – strategic planning for industry and corporate events.
- Sales Enablement – campaigns and tools to support the sales function
- Experience with, and the ability to evaluate various sales & marketing technologies to achieve optimal marketing effectiveness (Pardot, Marketo, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Terminus, 6Sense).
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long term projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build and maintain strong external and internal client relationships.
- Demonstrate and lead customer-centric thinking
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Successful track record of building and presenting concepts/programs for internal clients and new business opportunities.
- Metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Competitive Medical Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Paid Time Off + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work or Commuter Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- $30 Wellness Reimbursement
- Remote Work Environment, Supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience
- Fun, innovative Portland Office with Industrious Spirit Offering Kombucha and Cold Brew
Cayuse does not sponsor applications for work visas.