Work remotely from anywhere in the USA, are a US Citizen, have your Green Card or Long Term Visa.
Chain.io is one of the fastest growing software companies in the Philadelphia region and has developed an industry leading serverless logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Digital Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers.
Our expert technology team of supply chain experts has spent decades learning industry best practices inside logistics, retail and software companies to build the ideal solution for our clients.
Chain.io enables their clients to connect their ERP, TMS, WMS, BI platform or other disparate systems and handles communication with the world. Whether our customers communicate using legacy EDI, flat files, XML or the latest and greatest JSON APIs, Chain.io has a solution.
Once a client is connected to the platform, they have access to best practice based integration solutions for sharing purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents and invoices. Chain.io handles all the complexity of transforming messages to trading partners’ preferred formats.
Chain.io Technology Stack Overview
Chain.io uses the latest serverless cloud technologies to build integrations faster. Those technologies are built into our three core application layers: Flow, Hub, and Vault and are built using AWS Lambda, Node, Jest, CircleCI, React, Terraform, and other technologies.
- Flow allows you to quickly and efficiently communicate fast moving data between multiple internal and external systems.
- With an event based architecture and the same data integrity protections that apply to Hub, Flow is all about getting data to the right people in the right format at the right time.
- Flow is the ideal solution for things like Advanced Shipment Notices, Inventory updates, IOT data streams, Shipment status updates, eCommerce orders and deliveries.
Chain.io Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our headquarters at 1518 Walnut Street on the 15th floor is situated in one of the best areas of Philadelphia / Rittenhouse Square and can be easily accessed from SEPTA trains to Suburban Station, SEPTA buses and PATCO.
- Our salary is extremely competitive based on prior skills and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for occasional conferences and professional development.
- Opportunity to grow and expand your career – into roles that interest you or best fit your abilities.
- Opportunity to gain exposure to extremely interesting supply chain processes and solve supply chain issues for global brands.
We are looking for both Front End Developers and Back End Developers for this Senior Software Engineer role.
- Chain.io believes heavily in TDD. You will be working alongside an expert engineering team who value deploying high quality code.
- Our philosophy is for our engineers to work in teams of two and balance pairing with some time for individual focus. If you are only interested in working alone, and don’t have a passion for TDD and Unit Testing best practices you will probably not be a good fit for us.
- You will be solving complex supply chain integration business and technology challenges and requirements by developing new and connecting existing solutions with small focused microservice functions.
- You will be developing efficient and reusable code, on the back end using Node.js.
- You will be working closely with the entire engineering team on building the front end of the application in React.js.
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve UX decision making.
- You will work directly with our integration partners and clients; communicating on integration testing and analysis.
- You will work within a serverless platform consisting of many microservices and cloud services.
- You MUST have 3-7+ years of experience, primarily as an engineer working in the back-end with Node.js or Front-end with React.js.
- Understand the principles of microservice development.
- Having experience with AWS Lambda, Jest, CircleCI, and Terraform is great.
- Strong belief in TDD, DevOps and automating as much as possible.
- If you have prior experience using JEST or a similar framework for Unit Testing this would be a huge plus.
- Prior experience with microservices and architecting systems in the cloud.
- Experience leading a development team would be a huge plus.
- Ability to break down complex problems into a variety of simple and generic problems.
- Comfortable with client interaction.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with others.
Process for Interviewing:
- Please submit your resume by clicking “I’m Interested”.
- If you don’t have a resume, but are interested, and meet the requirements, send an email to mbertoni @chain.io or respond to one of our messages to you.
- Phone screen by Michael C. Bertoni – Recruiting Lead for Chain.io
- Phone Screen with Chain.io Founder/CEO or Engineering team member