About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In’s 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Thirty Madison delivers thousands of prescriptions to customers every day. It’s the Pharmacy Engineering team’s responsibility to invest in the scalability, security, and efficiency of our pharmacy and logistics capabilities. The growth of our company depends on the technology we are building as we look to treat more complex chronic conditions and integrate with exciting healthcare partners. This is your chance to be involved from the ground up.
We’re looking to hire a motivated, senior engineer who is excited to join a fun, collaborative team. Above all, we’re looking for people who are inspired to join us on our mission to reinvent healthcare.
You will get to:
- Join the new Pharmacy Engineering team, within the larger Platform team.
- Lay the groundwork for new, scalable pharmacy delivery services (stack: Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL).
- Work with other team leads to deploy and scale new services that integrate with existing Thirty Madison infrastructure.
- On a daily basis, you’ll develop new features, contribute to important architecture decisions, deploy production services, and collaborate with stakeholders across the company.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to grow and take on additional ownership as more engineers join the team.
You must have:
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer, primarily developing backend services and APIs.
- Fluency in at least one modern backend framework with a preference for Node.js (or Rails, Python, Go, etc.).
- A commitment to code-quality, testing, security, and documentation.
- Strong, cross-functional communication abilities.
You should have:
- Interest and/or experience developing systems in pharmacy and/or healthcare.
- Willingness to tackle the documentation and security requirements for developing HIPAA-compliant systems.
- Comfort working in a full-stack environment and across multiple platforms (we use Node.js, Rails, React, GraphQL, etc).
- Exposure to modern cloud deployment and CI/CD technologies (so Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, etc).
- Experience with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and data modeling best practices.
- Experience with asynchronous jobs, team-oriented git workflow, instrumenting, monitoring and profiling systems.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.