Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, United States and Canada Only
Compensation Range: $135,000 to $160,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for an innovative and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. As a Senior Software Engineer at Huntress, you will be responsible for working in a feature delivery team to design, develop, and release software features for the Huntress Security Platform that provides for automated detection and human-powered threat hunting.
The Huntress Security Platform consists of the Huntress AWS Portal and over 2 million endpoint agents, which send telemetry used for threat hunting and remediation to our web portal. You will focus on building new and exciting features from the product roadmap, while helping our product scale to handle management of agents and their data as our customer base grows. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done.
- Responsible for technical development of features for the Portal and delivering quality solutions
- Develop high-quality software, software designs and architecture
- Fullstack development including backend and UI/UX (60/40)
- Ensure code quality and test code through deliverables by testing own code and reviewing peers
- Take ownership over timely completion of work, problem-solving and robust code
- Actively engage and contribute to the team and new innovations
- Ability to mentor or coach junior engineers
What You Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years of experience developing complex software products
- 5+ years of programming in Ruby on Rails
- Experience in Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience working with external APIs
- Experience reviewing code, problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Environments preferred
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.