About SureSwift Capital
You made it. You found the dream job you’re looking for where people and culture come first. If that’s as important to you as it is to us then please keep reading.
At SureSwift, we’re building the company we want to work for, and we’d like to give you the opportunity to join our fully remote team of 70+ people in 14 time zones around the world.
While we do work hard, we all work remote, and according to our own schedules that make the most sense for ourselves and our families. There are no cubicles, no offices, and there is zero commute time…unless you decide to work from the beach or a coffee shop, and that’s up to you.
About the Products You’ll Focus On
Taster’s Club, a SureSwift Capital business, is a curated subscription service for spirits fans offering several clubs to choose from including whiskey, bourbon, scotch, vodka, gin, rum, tequila and Stock the Bar. Monthly shipments are accompanied by digital tasting, history and distillery notes.
New to our portfolio, this successful FinTech scale-up is focused on financial trading with thousands of happy customers who pay for additional trading features that help them improve their trading success.
Your Daily Challenges
When we welcome you aboard we’ll introduce you to your Product Team, which consists of a Product Manager, customer happiness specialist, and another Ruby on Rails Software Engineer. These are the people you’ll work closely with on Product development day-to-day.
Once you get settled in and learn more about the team, your day to day activities will look something like this:
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test driven development environment
- Gradual refactoring of legacy code and updated gems and libs as required Review exception reports to identify and fix bugs
- Assist customer support teams with escalated tickets
- Development of new features
- Maintenance of existing features
- Collaboration with cross-functional, agile teams
- Contributions of ideas to improve the product
- 6+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with Sidekiq, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS (positioning and styling)
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes pride in writing clean, organized, efficient code
- An eye for detail
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial/startup environment
- Experience working with remote teams
Compensation varies with experience and qualifications. This job is a full-time remote / work from home position.
Background checks will be conducted on final candidates.
Thanks for the time you took to read about this opportunity.